Us

Us
Forever and Always

04 January, 2011

Here we go again....

Yesterday was tough, probably tougher than the first time I sent him away. Don't get me wrong the two weeks with him was wonderful, but I almost wish they would have just kept him. That sounds horrible I know, but I got into a routine when he was gone and time was moving along pretty good. Now it feels like I have to start all over again. You see I have this routine where I go home and get my bed ready on the couch, make dinner, turn on an episode of CSI, and write Jeff a letter. Last night was the first time that my "routine" did work for me. I still felt "out of whack," it didn't feel right to be sleeping on the couch, I didn't want to watch TV, and I ended up not eating. I am sure that I just need to get back in the "grove" of things.

Last night was the first night that it hit me that I will not sleep in the same bed as my husband for four months. Wow, four months, the next time we sleep in the same bed it will be Spring. SPRING! I know that four months is nothing compared to what we will be going through this time next year, and I should be thankful that this is just training and he is not deployed right now, but I still can't help but feel overwhelmed and saddened by it all.

Today is a new day and I need to try to stay positive and focused on the end goal. He will be graduating for BCT in less than a month now and then it is off to AIT and once that is done he will be home, and that time not just for two weeks. **big smile**

I have definitely learned to cherish every second with him while he is home and I can honestly say that these last two weeks were amazing! They flew by in the blink of an eye, but each and every day was wonderful. We did not have a bad day in there at all, even with me being sick with tonsillitis. Now it is time to get back to the "grind" and finish this! SO HERE WE GO AGAIN......




1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, I have a similar routine when the s/o is gone, and after they leave it is kind of hard to get back into it, but you will, and once you do, four months will fly by! Just make sure you keep yourself busy! :)

    ReplyDelete