Us

Us
Forever and Always

13 January, 2011

A little update

Things are looking up. The third days the charm! I now have running water in my house! I was so excited when I came home for lunch and turned the faucet, expecting nothing, and water came rushing out!! I am so excited to wash my dishes and take a shower in my home. Oddly, Jeff has been on his 3 day FTX since Tuesday, the day my pipes froze. I almost kind of felt like I was roughing it with him. I  know he doesn't have running water out there either. Although, I guess it wasn't as tough as he has it because all I had to do to get a hot shower was drive 5 minutes down the road to my Mom's house. But none the less I did feel like I was roughing it just a little bit. ::smiles::

I am getting excited for graduation. It feels like it is just right around the corner. We are down to 19 days! That means we are in the teens!! I remember being in the teens when I was counting down to Exodus and it felt like I was stuck in time. This time it doesn't, maybe it is because I have been so busy lately. I hope these next 19 days fly by. I cannot wait to see my husband become an United States Solider! I wish I could describe better the pride associated to seeing the man I love accomplish such a great and honorable task, but I cannot even begin to describe it. The most joy comes from me knowing that he really truly loves his job. I have been with him for almost 7 years and have seen many jobs come and go, some were pretty good, but I have never seem him been truly happy with the work he is doing. All I can say is I am proud and I love him so much!

Now I am just waiting and hoping to hear from him soon. I made him promise not to write and to use his personal time to study for the Solider of the Cycle Board. He wanted to do his best on the board and be this cycle's Soldier, and in order for him to accomplish that he needs to work really hard and study a lot! Before he left he was feeling bad that he wasn't going to be able to write much because he needs to study and I told him not to worry about writing at all. He can write me a letter after the board is over. Once he completes the board I am sure he will write me and tell me how it went. I hope that is really soon, because all I have to look forward to in the mail is Netflix. Don't get me wrong I love every disc of Army Wives that comes in the mail, but I would really love to hear from my dear husband. I guess now it is just a waiting game, but isn't it always?

No comments:

Post a Comment